There are several rsync client implementations that can be used with TrustedSpace:
- rsync: rsync over SSH, Ubuntu-Wiki
- encrsync: client-side encryption by encfs, transfer of AES encrypted data by rsync over SSH
- duplicity: client-side encryption of tar backups, transfer of AES encrypted tar archives over rsync
- ownCloud EasyBackup: Backup of the ownCloud file system, simple restore functionality, transfer by rsync over SSH, Troubleshooting
- Grsync rsync GUI: backup with the aid of the Grsync GUI, transfer by rsync over SSH, Ubuntu package
A snapshot is created after each successful execution of a backup.